Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:33:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Low Balancing

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Fernando Gleiser wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Oliveira Ramiro wrote:
>
> > Tengo un Server BSD con 2 diferentes conexiones a internet, mediante 2
> > placas de red, con 2 proveedores diferentes. La pregunta es:
> > Cual creen es la mejor solucion (o al menos la mas estable y razonable) para
> > que mi trafico quede balanceado?
>
> <translation>
>
> I have a BSD server with two NICs. Each NIC is connected to the Internet
> via different ISPs. The question is: What's the best (or the most stable)
> solution for traffic balancing between the two links?
>
> </translation>

	The only proper way to do this is with a routing daemon like gated
	or zebra.  This requires peering arrangements with your
	upstream ISPs.

	There are other alternatives, all of which are rather difficult to
	implement.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
-
 "Wouldn't it be great if we could answer people with a
  kick to the crotch?"  -maddox@xmission.com