Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 16:36:33 -0700
From:      Sri Ramkrishna <sramkris@ichips.intel.com>
To:        "Todd \"Taco\" Hansen" <taco@mad.scientist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wierd problem with forking.

In message <343D6899.3F54BC7E@mad.scientist.com> you write:
> Each user is only allowed to have so many processes running at a time.
> This is just an idea but if you fork bomb your computer you will see it
> happen. :)

Well the thing that kills me I have only 5 bash shells, X windows, PPP
and netscape running.  Surely there are enough processes for doing
just that in the GENERIC kernel.  And if I quit Netscape, applications
can fork again.  But it doesn't explain why a program I wrote that
forks works when applications like man are failing.  (unless they are
forking more times than my program does)

	sri