Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:00:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wwwcount-2.3

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Dave Babler wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>
> >  * Hum... I would write the port maintainer.  The Lynx devel team, has a
> >  * real nasty habit of changing the code w/o changing the distname.  Thus
> >  * why we don't generate an MD5 checksum for Lynx anymore.
> >
> > This is not true.  This makes the md5 checksum even more necessary,
> > and I'm tracking Andrey's commits closely to make sure we have a
> > matching distfile on ftp.freebsd.org's backup distfiles dir.
> >
> >  * >From your output, I'd say the patch no longer applies to the version of
> >  * lynx you fetched.  The port maintainer could probably track this down
> >  * pretty fast.
> >
> > Take a look at the slang-lynx Makefile, it refers you to the lynx
> > Makefile for some things (among which is the patch directory and
> > files/md5).  You need to update your lynx port as well to get
> > everything in sync.
> >
> > Satoshi
> >
> Just fetched the current lynx port - it fails too:
>
> 	make
> 	>>checksum mismatch for 2-6update.zip
> 	*** Error code 1
>
> (remember, I'm running 2.1.5-stable with the new bsd.ports.mk file as was
> suggested here)

I just saw the commit message, where Andrey's updated the port.  I haven't
gotten the update yet myself, so I can't check it; I think there was
something funny in the last 24 hours, dealing with ctm updates, which is
how I keep current.  Try getting the port tomorrow from current (I will
too).

> -Dave

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |