Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:15:07 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Ken McKittrick <klmac@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5 not working with Linux Virtual Server

Ken McKittrick <klmac@twcny.rr.com> writes:
> As I said, works fine with 4.7. I'm sure it's something 5.0-current
> specific. I'm currently processing 500K emails per day with this
> setup. :)

Your configuration relies on a long-standing bug in the networking
stack, which caused FreeBSD to accept packets destined for one
interface (lo0 in your case) even if they arrive on another interface.
This has been corrected in 5.0.  Enabling forwarding on the 5.0 box
should enable the historical behaviour.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org