Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:19:57 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Freebsd-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re-phrase of simple (?dumb) q. about ports

Mike Holling writes:
> I've been cvsupping ports on my 2.2.6 box for a while without incident.  I
> believe the makefiles check to see what version of FreeBSD you're running
> (3.x vs. 2.x), though I haven't poked at them much.

Ditto. I have had problems over the years with the current ports and
older -stable but almost all of those were cured by checking out the
latest -stable version of /usr/src/share/mk and installing it.

Speaking of which, "cd /usr/ports; make clean" breaks somewhere on my
2.2.7-stable machine this week. Guess its time to try my own medicine.