Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 1996 09:47:25 +0100
From:      Paul Walsh <paul@nation-net.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk labels mix up?

I've added a second disk, wd2, where wd0 is my first hard disk and (I
think ) wd1 is my ide cd rom ( on primary ide as a slave). The point is
that in the label editor I get wd0 and wd2.
OK.

When I boot off the second drive (using the boot manager's F5 ) the boot
program goes off looking for wd(1,a) , which I think is my CD, and then
I get the PAnic, can't mount root thing.

I've tried forcing wd(2,a) but I get a screenful of C's and 0's.

Any ideas ?

--
paul@nation-net.com	Walsh Simmons
0161-839 9337		Manchester, UK