Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:19:15 -0700
From:      "Daniel \"the Bruce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   help with kermit: automaticly hanging up

Hi,
I am trying to set up kernel ppp by following the directions in the
handbook. I have created a Kermit.dial file that will dial and log me in
fine, but as soon as I am logged on and the kermit.dial script finished I
get the message "There might still be a connection on /dev/cuaa1. Quit
anyway?" or something to that effect. If I say yes kermit quits and I can
hear the modem hang-up, if I say no I just end up back in kermit. I assume
there is some command that tells kermit not to hang the modem up when you
quit, but looking through the help I couldn't find it. Also, how can I get
it to display all the output from the remote computer? after dialing I get a
"Connect" message followed by my speed, sense my phone lines are pretty bad
the speed is almost always different, so I just set the script up to
identify the "Connect" part (i.e. input 30 {CONNECT}). So now during the
script I see "CONNECT" then "login:" but the rest of the connect line is
never shown. Thanks, I really appreciate all the great help I get from this
list!
Thanks again,
Daniel Keller.