Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:51:25 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@venux.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing ld.so in 3.2?

Greetings,

I have a 3.2 install from CD-ROM and I am trying to run a commerical
program, i.e. I don't have the source, and it is giving me the following error:

[Fri Jul 23 16:47:48 1999] [error] [client 216.47.238.65] malformed header from
script. Bad header=Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so

This is an error in the applications error log.  I looked on my 3.1 box and
there is a file /usr/libexec/ld.so but on my 3.2 box the file does not
exist.  Should it?  Does the company of the software have to recompile for
3.2?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Matthew Hagerty