Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:29:42 +0900
From:      FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@gate.jtjang.idv.tw>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/24338: [UPDATE] XFree86-4-*

At Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:11:13 +0800,
Jing-Tang Keith Jang wrote:
> > These files are extra from pkg-plist. Most of them should go into
> > BSD.x11-4.dist. Which do you think showrgb(1) should go into
> > -libraries or -clients? It was part of -Servers in 4.0.1 though.
> Either will be fine, but I suggest that showrgb and rgb.txt should be
> in the same port, like the 4.0.1 port.

Sure, now they are part of -clients.

> Thanks, your patch is cleaner than my brute-force one. :-)  And please
> remove x11/XFree86-4-libraries/patch-z500013.  It's a syscons patch
> that I accidentally put it there.  I think it's ready for commit.  Maybe
> 4.0.2 can make it in 4.3R afterall. :-)

Most of work has done by Taguchi and you, mine is simply cleanup. :-)
patch-z50013 has been removed.

> BTW, x11/XFree86-4-manuals/files/manpages has a line of 18505 characters
> long.  It seems that our stock patch (/usr/src/contrib/patch) can only
> manage 8192 characters in a single line, although devel/patch handles it
> properly.  You may want to break it into several lines, for future
> convenience.

files/manpages does nothing to do with patch(1) but is part of
Makefile. (.include <${FILESDIR}/manpages>) However breaking it to
readable style is good idea.

Here's a new one.
o pkg-plist's are believed to be completed. No leak, no duplicates.
o patch-xthreads is imported.
o fixed devel/imake/scripts/configure::isyes. Previously it always
  returns YES and caused always DebuggableLibraries=YES.

http://people.freebsd.org/~sf/XFree86-4-asters-20010323.gz

--
FUJISHIMA Satsuki