Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:35:39 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        "Prof. Stephen W. Falken" <x@compucore.net>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reboot no work

Thanks for asking, very good question. Well it doesn't show up on my
Thinkpad using the same bytes from the server and kernel compiled on the
server. It gets more interesting, or is that perplexing?

To make sure, I tried to boot the server with a single cpu kernel made at
the same time. It went into single user because it can't fsck sd1. It does
reboot from that condition. When in single user mode both fdisk and disk-
label report that 2 disk without msdos partitions are not configured (?).
They report as expected in smp mode. At this point, I'm not really sure if
I have a damaged system or there is a bug somewhere. I'll keep looking.
Hopefully someone might recognise something familar.

--
Tom

--
IMail Server for Windows NT. Evaluation version.
Copyright (c) 1995-98 Ipswitch, Inc. http://www.ipswitch.com/