Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:56:25 +0000
From:      Alexander Derevyanko <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>
To:        Jim Durham <w2xo.pgh.pa.us!durham@pc759.cs.msu.su>
Cc:        FreeBSD.ORG!freebsd-questions@pc759.cs.msu.su
Subject:   Re: Netscape IMAP folders on FreeBSD

Jim Durham wrote:

> I think I'd get nowhere with this talking to the M$ Netscape users, so
> I'm posting
> this here.
>
> I have been bugged for some time about the fact that Netscape mail seems
> to insist
> on saving it's "folders" in my home directory, instead of in my ~/mail
> directory, where
> pine imap likes them just fine.
>
> You can make it "subscribe" to the folders in ~/mail, but it creates
> non-existant
> "ghost" folders which can't be deleted and shows them as if they were a
> level
> above the ones in ~/mail.

Try to expiriment in Edit/Preferences/Mail&Newsgroups/Copies and
Folders.

> After much looking through deja and netscape, etc, I can't find any
> references to this
> problem.
>
> Anyone here got a solution?

I have no, but don't worry - problems can be much worse. M$ Outlook
Express
(russian edition) creates in home directory files called Inbox, Drafts
and Sent
written on russian encoded in 64-bit encoding (comething like
BBLIMVSDLNZdfSFDIOPFJ,
looks absolutely awfull in home directory)
and have no opinion to not to do it. If you connect Netscape to the same
server & user,
it will create own set of Sent and Drafts folders (in english), and
can't both open or delete
folders created my M$ outlook express.

P.S. Anybody know, how to prevent Netscape to connect
messenger.netscape.org every startup ?
     It's very annoying on auto dialup connection.