Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:03:45 +0100
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1405 on FreeBSD

--Apple-Mail-4-673351410

On 13 nov. 2009, at 23:27, Alexander Motin wrote:

> I am not sure it is productive way. There is too many assumptions.
> Even
> if it fix problems with disk, I am not sure your WiFi will work after
> that. Even if assume that problem is localized inside south bridge
> (you
> can't know that), there could be problems with other devices (LAN, for
> example).

Yep, I know that, but I've ask for help many times, and nobody was
able to help me. May be this problem is too complex, or may be next
time I should buy less exotic hardware (TYAN Tiger i7520SD is not what
I would call a mainstream motherboard).

> What's about changing SATA1 with SATA2 - I think you won't notice any
> difference. Most of disks are not so fast to congest SATA1, while
> other
> bonuses like NCQ are not supported by 6.4 any way.

oh crap. No NCQ ?
But well, I'm planning a migration to 8.x during next year, for both
local and remote servers (and new hardware for the remote server).

pat
--Apple-Mail-4-673351410--