Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 20:10:34 +0300
From:      "Noisex" <noisex@apollo.lv>
To:        <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PHP5-OCI8 on script exit problem

Hallo!
	Maybe about this problem is discussed before and maybe this is not
FreeBSD but PHP/Oracle client problem - if YES...you could provide me if =
you
know a solution of this problem because on GOOGLE I didn't find a good
answer how to solve the problem.

FreeBSD 7.0;
PHP 5.2.6;
PHP5-OCI8 1.2.5;
Oracle 8 client 0.2.0_1.

Every time when PHP-CLI or PHP-CGI script exits from command line PHP =
die
with segmentation fault 11 (core dumped).=20

#0 0=D788f18acc in ?? () from /usr/local/lib/php/20060613-debug/oci8.so

>From GDB debugger I traced that it was made by PHP/oci8.so unloading of =
the
OCI8 library to a (DL_UNLOAD) which calls dlclose...maybe oracle =
extension
is doing something incorrectly such as registering a function to be =
called
at exit via atexit? In that case, we would call dlclose after the
function(s) are registered, but then when we exit and those registered
functions get called, we get a segmentation fault as we=92ve unmapped =
the
memory they live in! While that may not be precisely what is happening =
in
this case, as far as I can tell I=92m dealing with a bug in the Oracle
library.

OCI8 connections made through httpd and mod_php were unaffected as the =
PHP
module and extensions get loaded into memory, and unloaded during the =
normal
course of execution.

* Everything is compiled from ports. In PHP-OCI8 compile time all =
$ORACLE
environments was set up correct.

Regards Gatis Rumbens
=20