Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 1996 05:36:42 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
Cc:        dgy@rtd.com, fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perhaps i am just stupid.

Robert Nordier wrote:

	<chomp>

> Certainly, anything is a good deal better than nothing.  Possibly,
> though, one should err on the side of doing too much rather than
> too little.  There are an awful lot of files (~70 in the bin
> distribution) to go through by hand.

Yes, I agree.
Like I said earlier, Unix Guru's probably won't use it, Only the
newcomers from dos will.. Most Unix Guru's already have a Unix
box up and therefore have the tools already! Or the knowledge
on how to do it!
Like I said, I don't think I'll use it, And I'm far from a Unix
Guru. But I already have a Unix box and I'll use the tools there.

So IMHO it should be geared for those that are comming from dos
and should look/act dos.
(Add Windbloze to all the above the "Dos's" except the
 look/act one :)

> I'd tend to agree with other views that a DOS-orientated program
> is needed -- if possibly a nice shiny one that looks good -- (and
> particularly no batch files).  First impressions matter.

Welp to make it look shiney pretty you either have to get pretty
fancy with the code or use obj/libs, I don't fancy the idea of
obj/libs ..
I want source!

Plain ol'text based is suffiecent<sp?> IMHO.

(Sure be nice if Netscape had a spell checker, I *really* need it)

Yea, I'm not to keen on using batch files on/for installation type
stuff! Seems lame to me!
I make some bad assumptions when I see apps that use batch files
for installation. Just kinda turns my stomach.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848