Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:50:42 +0100
From:      Rune Lindesteg <RUL@OTRA.NO>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM problems

Hello!

I am about to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my new Compaq deskpro.
I boot from the CDROM and everything seems OK. But after I picked
the distrobution to install and then chose CDROM as installmedium I
got the message that no CDROM was found. I find this a bit strange since
I got this far.

The CDROM is a Compaq. It is on the second IDE.

I also have a laptop whith FreeBSD on. I suppose I could use a laplink
and install from my laptop but it would be nice to have a working CDROM
also.

Could anyone please help me with this?
Thank you in advance.

Rune