Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:59:57 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2-BETA hangs on boot

Has anyone seen the following problem?  On a Dell Inspiron 3700
with the latest 4.2-BETA bits (from earlier today) and a GENERIC
kernel hangs during boot.  The last part of the output looks
like this:

plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

I'm going to start removing devices from GENERIC and see if I can
get it to boot cleanly again.  It was previously (as of about
noon today) running 4.0-STABLE with no problems.

-steve