Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 18:25:17 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Clarence Brown <clabrown@granitepost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2: make install 'fails' ...

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 06:05:49PM -0400, Clarence Brown wrote:
> Well, for what it's worth I agree that switching back and forth is
> important. Certainly while KDE2 is in development. On the KDE site
> there is a page that describes the configuration for running both
> and switching back and forth. http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html
>
> I'm not competant enough at this point to set it up, (I haven't even
> gotten the kde2 port to work yet) but it would be nice if the kde2
> port set things up to make switching easy.

I am sorry.. I really don't know how to make it work.  Unfortunately,
kde/qt installation philosophy conflicts with our hier(7) in such a way
that it renders installing with respect to $KDEDIR and $QTDIR
impossible.  :-(

I'm still trying to find an acceptable solution for this problem.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>