Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:51:03 +0200 (=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Westeurop=E4ische_Sommerzeit?=)
From:      510041262352-0001@t-online.de (Friedemann Becker)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kernel binaries...

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> > > Does your /kernel.old work well enough to limp along and compile a
> > > new kernel?
> >
> > my /kernel.old works, but the sources i checked out don't compile, i
> > don't know, if they are broken or not.
>
> You'll probably have to FTP install over the network, one of the
> snapshots from ftp://snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org/, boot into that, and
> try to buildworld/buildkernel again.

thanks, I got the network running (finally) and try to install via ftp
now. I tried with release=5.0-CURRENT-20020818-JPSNAP and passive ftp to
current.freebsd.org - with sysinstall. But sysinstall states that there is
no such distribution on that server. What got I wrong, is the release name
correct?

Friedemann