Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:51:24 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        ecolburn@seeitfirst.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:4.3 FreeBSD

I wouldn't wait, you don't really have a need to.
	Waiting for 4.3 won't give you any new whiz bang features.
If you install 4.2 right now you can play around with it and get familiar with
the system, and plus updating later to 4.3 will be a piece of cake because you
will be able to download all the new sources via cvsup and then just type;

make world
make installworld

And basically there you have 4.3 :)

[A little more complicated than that, but it's the general idea]

On 03/20/2001 12:30:41 PM, "Eric Colburn" is quoted as saying:

. . . .|I'm fairly new to Unix and was wondering if I should even wait for the
4.3
. . . .|FreeBSD release. Will there be some dramatic change that I'd notice or
. . . .|should I just go ahead and use 4.2. Thanks
. . . .|
. . . .|Eric
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
. . . .|with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org