Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 12:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      aron@speakeasy.org
To:        brian@Awfulhak.org
Cc:        lrios@ziplink.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Warnings

On 16 May, Brian Somers wrote:
>> While connected to my ISP I continously get Warnings about Unexpected
>> ResetACK (id ) ignored.. Like this:
>>
>> Warning: CCP: Unexpected ResetAck (id 147) ignored
>>
>> My connections does remain but I receive about 30+ messages..
>> What do these messages mean?? Any light would be helpful...
>
> It means your peer is sending reset acks when the local side hasn't
> sent a req.  Check the ppp (& CCP) faqs if you want to know more.  It
> sounds like a bug in your ISPs software.

I've had this problem with annex terminal servers when PRED1
compression gets negotiated. After turning PRED1 off the "CCP: Unexpected ResetAck"
errors disappeared, as a side bonus the connection reliability at
performance improved greatly without all of the CCP Resets slowing
things down.

aron roberts
atr@pobox.com