Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:41:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netscape communicator vs navigator stability

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Jim Durham wrote:

> On my P200MMX, I haven't been able to run anything past Netscape 4.08
> Communicator on 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4. With 4.5, 4.6 or 4.7, The mail
> side
> works fine, the browser just goes away..particularly on netscape.com,
> which
> is a hoot...8-) . 4.08 runs fine, but I don't like the mail client as
> well.
>
> Anyway, I tried the 4.7 *navigator* and it works just fine.
>
> Anybody else see anything like this?

Yes. Try disabling javascript. FreeBSD netscape has the nasty habit of
randomly exploding on javascripted pages (just... *poof* going away),
especially when going "back" to one. I only recall this problem since
moving from 4.08 to 4.[67]x. I can't say whether the same problem exists
with linux-netscape on FreeBSD since I've never used it.

hth

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/