Date:      Tue, 12 May 2009 13:53:35 +0200
From:      Thomas Hummel <hummel@pasteur.fr>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        gabor@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Amavis::SpamControl->new not found

Hello,

I portupgraded a lot of things on a mail server running 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64,
including perl, postfix, amavisd-new and clamav. At the moment here are the versions
which I run :

  perl-5.8.9_2
  postfix-2.5.6,1
  amavisd-new-2.6.3,1
  clamav-0.95.1_

Compile and install succeeded but trying to start amavid-new gave the following
error :

  # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/amavisd start
  Starting amavisd.
  Can't locate object method "new" via package "Amavis::SpamControl" at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 13878.

On this particular server, I don't want spam check at all, so /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf states :

  @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);  # controls running of anti-spam code

which doesn't seem to be overriden anwhere else.

Line 13878 of /usr/local/sbin/amavisd states :

  $spamcontrol_obj = Amavis::SpamControl->new  if $extra_code_antispam;

Considering I don't need spam check at all, I tried commenting this line and
amavisd-new started and seemed to work.

Do you have any clue on what's wrong ?

--
Thomas Hummel