Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:52:04 -0400
From:      "eric" <beaker@hitnrun.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tape Drive Backups with COLORADO 5GB/2.060002

Hi,

I am implementing a FreeBSD 3.3 WebServer/MailServer.  I have been
successful in all aspects of the configurations except for Backups.

I don't know how to mount my tape from my HP Colorado tape drive so that
I can copy my *.tgz files onto it. The following shows up when I run
dmesg

acd0: drive speed 8268KB/sec, 128KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet track
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked
wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <HP      COLORADO 5GB/2.060002>, removable, intr, dma,
ior
dis
wdc1: ATAPI streaming tapes not configured

Can you please instruct me or point me in the right direction on how
to mount and copy my tar files to the tapes.

Thanks in Advanced,

beaker@hitnrun.net