Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jeff <jeff@cc602670-a.flrtn1.occa.home.com>
To:        shovey@buffnet.net (Steve Hovey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, iratus@home.com
Subject:   Re: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :)

Reply To: iratus@home.com

> > Hello-I couldn't (though probably should) resist-I came to FBSD from linux
> > slackware because it WAS idiot proof in installation and I found the file
> > system much cleaner and easier to work with-IMHO all it (FBSD) really needs
> > is the agressive marketing part-No flames PLEASE-just my 2cents worth.
> > Jeff phillips
>

> No no - I agree on this compared to slakware - but something closer to a
> win95 put it in and make coffee - including some hanging probe fixes would
> help to sew it up.  Also, if there were some utility for Xwindows that
> didnt make it such a trick to get running correctly (and it is a trick
> unless you are very familiar with it)
> and/or a way to utilize win95/NT device drivers as is

Well I do think you are dead right on X-No doubt as a GUI it is (or
can be) a real trick to get running-I admit I may suffer from a kind
of attitude that says interest will win in the end-I WOULD like to see
a larger audience for FBSD-The only point I am leary of is the one about
MS drivers (is that what they are called :-) ? Oh well only time will
tell-in the mean time I am going to see how much trouble I can get into
as soon as 3.2 hits my door. Cheers and take care  jeff phillips