Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:01:01 +0200
From:      Axel Auweter <auweter@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Andrew Elmore <aelmore@interwoven.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org, Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject:   Re: running MacOS-X i386 binaries on FreeBSD?

Hi,

>NetBSD has had Darwin/Mach emulation for some time, with limited
>graphics ability.  I don't know what the status of the project is
>today, but it could probably be easily adapted to FreeBSD.
>
>http://hpcnet.free.fr/applebsd.html

I am currently working on that. But so far, it is a just-for-fun thing
and I don't know of any reason that would qualify that code for being
merged into CVS / the official release / whatsoever. If we had clean
open source reimplementations of Apple libraries (Cocoa, Carbon, ...),
this would obviously be different.

But, if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me.

Axel