Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:50:30 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More of my totally ineffective PR efforts in action. :-)

Brett, just cool it a bit, eh?   I believe the radical fringe might have its
role but you've bent way beyond that to outright meanness.  It's probably
not even necessary for FreeBSD to command a large market share for it to
be successful and to endure.   I'm betting that it will though.

In a user supported environment, like this one, it is very important that
we treat each other with dignity and respect.  Otherwise we might as well
just concede to the unruly nature of the Linux mob you seem to dislike
so much.  Personally, I'm *glad* they exist.

Jordan,  I deeply appreciate your efforts and dedication to this project.
I believe that you've shown great leadership and although I may disagree
with some of your positions I have great respect for your accomplishments.
It's amazing to me that you've been able to sustain your energy level
all these years.  I believe that your tactic of "walking softly and carrying
a big stick" is right on.

Can't we all just get along?  (Sorry Rodney)

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net