Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:39:54 -0700
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, taras@sdcoe.k12.ca.us
Subject:   Re:  Replace Intel chip with AMD

> I hope this is the right place for info, If not I 'm sorry to bother
> you. So here's the question. I have an AMI Titan 2 motherboard
> w/dual CPU 90mhz Intel chip that  I  would like to upgrade with
> an AMD chip ,  is it possible.
>  Thank you=20
>  Taras Balabanoff
>  taras@sdcoe.k12.ca.us

Yes, it is possible to put an AMD chip in it.

However, you did not say which AMD chip you would like to use,
as the board may not support all of them (see www.tyan.com or
your manual).

Also note that you can only have 1 AMD chip in it, meaning
that it can not be used as a multiprocessor if you do put
an AMD chip in.  Only Intel processors can be used in SMP.

Kevin