Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:07:02 -0500
From:      "Greg Prosser" <greg@snickers.org>
To:        "Martin Blapp" <mb@imp.ch>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: upgrade problem from 3.2 -> 3.4

I've cvsup'd and rebuilt systems before, following the instructions in the
handbook at first, now committed to memory, but I've never heard of make
install from within /usr/src/include. I would believe that would be covered
under the make buildworld/installworld targets under /usr/src?

> I made the following steps before:
>
> cvsup to the newest 3.X sources ..
> cd /usr/src && make buildworld && make installworld
> cd /usr/src/includes && make depend && make && make install
> config -r GENERIC

       g r e g @ s n i c k e r s . o r g       .-----.----.-----.-----.
lack of planning on your part does =not=       |  _  |   _|  -__|  _  |
           consitute an emergency on my part.  |___  |__| |_____|___  |
icq: 10405504              aol im: xysters     |_____|          |_____|