Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:31:25 +0000
From:      brad davison <demonichandextensions@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   correct way to move users?

After my debacle with the PAE kernel=2C I am building the mail server anew.=
  I had used webmin's user batch file thing to generate the users on the te=
mporary system=2C but there were some issues with that.
=20
If I have a good copy of /etc/passwd=2C /etc/group and /etc/master.passwd=
=2C is there a better way to move the users?
=20
I saw a very breif website that said to use this method:
=20
"
Move user entries from the following old files:=20
/etc/passwd/etc/group/etc/master.passwd=20
Then run the following command to rebuild the password database:=20
pwd_mkdb -p /etc/master.passwd =20
"
=20
Is this the proper way?  If not=2C what is the correct way to do this with =
Freebsd (7.0)?
=20
Thank you=2C
Brad
Windows Live=99 Hotmail=AE: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.=20
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_expl=
ore_012009=