Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:39:49 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        "Dan Seafeldt, AZ.COM System Administrator" <yankee@az.com>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Windows Update

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> If you'd like to set up a web site on which you provide what you
> consider to be a digest of significant issues fixed but not announced on
> freebsd-security, you're welcome to do that. :-)

Or even if it is published on freebsd-security.  DaemonNews would be
ecstatic to host it, if you're looking for a domain.

I agree the communications channels in-place are sufficient to warn anyone
who cares about security issues in FreeBSD.  They're probably not sufficient
to warn FreeBSD admins about new device drivers, new features, or bug fixes,
without a lot of work.  All that is needed is someone to watch the CVS logs
and make intelligent summaries, and then post this information somewhere where
everyone can learn of it.  It would be a great service to the community, if
you wish to step up, form a team, and go for it.