Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:03:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        Chris Peltier <CPELTIER@iectech.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: SMDS hardware/software for FreeBSD

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Chris Peltier wrote:

> Does anybody know of a board and software that will
> allow A FreeBSD system to act as a router connected
> to an SMDs cloud. In particular the T1 "Dixie" (1.536mb)
> version of SMDS. Any info on 56Kbs and 4Mbit+ would be
> interesting.

And please reply to the list; there is more than one person
interested in this question.  We are also looking for SMDS for
FreeBSD or BSD/OS so that we could avoid having to use a Cisco to handle
our SMDS line.

No special hardware should be necessary here, just an SMDS driver
that sits above the raw HDLC driver.

--
Jim Dixon              VBCnet GB Ltd +44 117 929 1316  fax +44 117 927 2015
http://www.uk.vbc.net  VBCnet West   +1  408 971 2682  fax +1  408 971 2684