Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:30:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>, Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>, Chris Byrnes <chris@awww.jeah.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Removing user with "-" in username

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <39F5B80B.6FD8E3C7@gorean.org> Doug Barton writes:
> : 	I sent the attached more complete fix as a response to warner's,  but
> : never heard back (presumably due to 'con preparations). Without
> : objection I will probably commit this to -current once my account on
> : freefall gets setup.
>
> It looked ok to me, but I didn't have time to trace through the perl
> code to see all the ramifications of doing this.

Is it OK to use the getpw* functions while we are modifying the passwd
files?  I explicitly avoided using them when I originally wrote rmuser
because the program directly manipulates the passwd files.  Otherwise,
the changes looked OK to me.

Guy

Guy Helmer, Ph.D. Candidate, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science   ---   ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer