Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:49:23 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp won't write log

I've started getting a strange error/warning when connecting to my ISP:

Working in interactive mode
Using interface: tun0
ppp ON marder-1> dial
ppp ON marder-1> Connect: Received: CONNECT 46667/ARQ
Connect: Received: are an unauthorized user, DISCONNECT
PPp ON marder-1>
PPP ON marder-1>

Although it says ``DISCONNECT'' it still connects. I enabled logging
in ppp.conf to see what was going on, but it won't create
/var/log/ppp.log.

From ppp.conf:

default:
 set log async cbcp ccp chat command connect debug hdlc id0 ipcp lcp lqm phase
tcp/ip timer tun
# set log local connect

Normally I use the second entry, but replaced it with the first.

I'm using the ppp that came on the 3.1 CDs

marder-1# ls -l `which ppp`
-r-sr-xr--  1 root  network  195228 Feb 15 10:45 /usr/sbin/ppp

Any suggestions as to what's wrong?