Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:25:38 +0100
From:      Dave B <g8kbvdave@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeradius won't start due to heartbleed

> On 6/9/2014 at 9:32 PM Mark Tinka wrote:
>
> |On Monday, June 09, 2014 08:23:31 PM Mike. wrote:
> |
> |> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (again), but I've
> |> been staring at this too long, and the solution eludes
> |> me.
> |>
> |> Why does openssl still have the old version number?  What
> |> do I do next, so that radiusd will start up?
> |
> |Go to "radiusd.conf", look for the "# SECURITY
> |CONFIGURATION" section and set:
> |
> |	allow_vulnerable_openssl = yes
> |
>  =============
>

> Thanks, that did the trick.

'scuse my ignorance.

But though I understand how that proves the point, surely the correct fix now
would be to replace the openssl libs' to a version without the vulnerability, and
reset that configuration option to "no"

AFIK, FBSD 10.0 was released before the HeartBleed bug was found, so unles
you know you've updated it to a fixed version, there could be trouble ahead.

Just curious...

Dave B.    (I run '9.2 release' at home, that never had the trouble, AFIK.)

Rock, back under going.