Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:42:02 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Robert Schedko <rschedko@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Problems

Robert Schedko wrote:
> I am having some problems with my pfsense wireless access point I
> believe it is with the ath0 cards power management feature. I came to
> this conclusion by reading a thread in the forum. I fixed the problem by
> going into my laptops wireless nic (Intel) and turned off the power
> saving feature. The only problem with this is, I can't make the change
> on every laptop that connects to the wireless network. So I was
> wondering if there is a way I can disable the power saver feature on my
> access point so that the laptop cards will not go into power saver mode?
> Your help will be greatly appreciated.

As sephe answered, power save support is a requirement of every AP;
there's no way to turn it off.

You've provided no information about your setup.  A while back there was
a bug in the ath driver in the handling of packets dispatched in ap mode
to stations using power save.  But since then I've heard of no s/w issues.

	Sam