Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:55:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        shegonee@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question

Wow, a string of disjunct questions!

It would be better to separate your questions into separate messages.

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996 shegonee@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> What exactly is SNAP? Where can I get it?

A SNAP is short for SNAPshot and is a pseudo-release. It's built from the
current standing of FreeBSD.  Usually they're pretty stable and can have
nice new features or what have you.  Unfortunately they can be buggy.
SNAPS can be had from ftp.freebsd.org, or selected SNAPs are published in
limited numbers on CD from Walnut Creek.

> How do I install it?

Just like a release.

> Can I run a web browser under free BSD?

Certainly.  If you have XWindows installed you can even use Netscape; look
for the 'i386-unknown-bsd' version.

Check the handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook.