Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 23:47:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Grrr. NFS to a Sun (Slowaris 5.5.1)

>> What I dont understand is if no one is working on NFS, how is it going
>> downhill?   I mean, cant we just revert back to the NFS that was in 0612, it
>> seemed to work very well.
>
> I think it's more a question of dependencies.  You don't need to
> change *anything* in the NFS code to make it break, after all, there
> being so many other things it depends on which can change.

As a logical note, I've been doing heavy NFS client activity on 0801 since
about 0801 :) and its been stable, its never ever nuked my machine, it just
gets in these states where it takes about 30 seconds for something to timeout,
then it comes back to life..

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich