Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 14:14:58 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, Adam Turoff <aturoff@isinet.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> Look guys, ports will continue to be maintained substantially the way
> they're currently maintained despite ANY discussion that may occur
> here about any "better way", so really, what's the point?  No amount
> of impassioned argument on either side is going to change a frickin'
> thing here.

Nor should it.  My point, as well as those of the others in this dicussion,
is that the current scheme is NOT broken, it just is.  I'm sure you are as
tired as the rest of us of Brett's impassioned pleas to spoon-feed him
everything he needs to run his business with no consideration given back.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com