Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:32:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <jps@funeralexchange.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Apache 1.3_Modssl + Warp + Tomcat problems

# Problem  Tomcat + Apache Mod_SSL using Warp do not cooperate.

# URLs to view to see the error happen.
https://www.funeralbiz.com/ASIMAS/funeralbiz/product.jsp?domain_id=39&categoryID=90
Add a few items to your shopping cart and then proceed to check out. If
you are prompted for a CC# please use 4111 1111 1111 1111 with no spaces.
the payment system is not setup right now so a false CC# will work
properly once the you fill out the forms for the shipping & billing
details (if you make it that far without it crashing) you will have the
application crash on you somewhere inbetween there. This problem ONLY
occurs under SSL and it works flawlessly under plain HTTP.  I have had it
work fine a few times under SSL but it crashes more times then it is
successfull.
Do i need to setup anything specail in my server.xml for the SSL
connections to all be handled by apache and then have all the jsp pages be
handled by tomcat and passed back to apache to then send it back to the
client over SSL . I am using a pretty much stock server.xml file the only
things i have changed is the enable lookups to false and upped the max
connections.  If someone out there can give me any information on how to
resolve this problem that would be great. I can send you more details or
snips from the logs if you would like just please tell me what you need.

# Software versions
Linux Jarkata Tomcat 4.03LE Binary
Linux j2sdk1.4 Binary
mod_webapp.so built from source on FreeBSD 4.5

#uname -a output
FreeBSD mortus.ideathcare.com 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #4: Tue Jun  4
22:23:57 CDT 2002
root@mortus.ideathcare.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MORTUS  i386
# Java -version output
java version "1.4.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

# file output
[root@mortus]/usr/local/jdk1.4.1/bin% file java
java: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
# ldd output
[root@mortus]/usr/local/jdk1.4.1/bin% ldd java
java:
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x28062000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x28074000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x28077000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x2804d000)

#apache version from ports
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.24+2.8.8 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS
functionality
# linux base
linux_base-6.1_1

Thanks