Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:05:30 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors from xmcd

Your message dated: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:57:17 GMT

>> > Is this because xmcd needs updating to work with the new CAM system,
>> > or something else?
>>
>> You need to recompile xmcd.
>>

>In that case I need to wait for the package to be updated. xmcd needs
>Motif, which I don't have, so I use the binary package.

I find a lot of stuff which "needs" Motif (including 'xmcd') builds and
works just great with Lesstif, and there's a port for that. You might like
to set 'HAVE_MOTIF=yes' manually in '/etc/make.conf' after installing. :-)

Something else that sometimes causes problems might be having old-as-dirt
libraries kicking around from aeons ago - sometimes these seem to get used
if they're present on the system, and not much cleans them out except
operator intervention...

Cheers,

AS