Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:04:08 +1000
From:      Michael Ross <satare@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: mergemaster has locked me out

> Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:

> > I'm guessing my only recourse is to boot as single user and reset,
> > but how to avoid this kind of nastiness?
>

> I would try nothing and if that doesn't work, reboot to single user
> mode.

apologies for this being  a "me too" email,

but I had the similar problem with my first buildworld, I luckily figured out
what happened before I closed my last root shell, so was able to salvage
the problem easily.

Is there an easy way to just get mergemaster to update the new users
in your /etc/passwd files while leaving your existing ones alone?

thanks

Michael Ross
satare@optusnet.com.au