Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:52:03 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/10700: find(1) and the current directory

On Apr 7,  3:24pm, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
} Subject: misc/10700: find(1) and the current directory
}
} Hi folks,
}
} I'm looking at PR 10700, which suggests a fix for a simple problem,
} where a find is run as nobody from /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb (called
} from /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate) and blows if it can't fchdir to
} root's homedir.
}
} The fix suggested is a work-around. The real issue seems to lie within
} an assumption made in find(1), namely that the current directory will
} always be accessible.

I think the suggested fix in the PR is probably the way to go.  I don't
think there is much you can do about finds assumptions without building
in a special purpose workaround for this case.  What if you wanted to
to do (assuming "." is readable):
	find /some/path . -whatever

			---  Truck