Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:35:02 -0500
From:      "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <rambiusparkisanius@gmail.com>
To:        Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
Cc:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports Options

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be> wrote:
> At the first install of a package via the ports collection (cd
> /usr/ports/../..; make install clean), if the package provides configuration
> options, you can check these on a menu screen,
> or accept all the defaults.
>
> If later on, you want to know what the set of the options were when you
> installed a port, how to find that out? I tried
> # cd /usr/ports/<categoryname>/<portname>
> # make
> hoping to see the menu again, but it doesn't show any menu, but says:
> ===>  Found saved configuration for <portname-version>
>
> Where is that saved configuration kept ??
> How to get a menu displayed again so you can see and check the options
> you want?

"make config" will show you the menu with the port's options again.
"make showconfig" will show you the previously saved configuration.
"make rmconfig" will delete the saved configuration.

Please refer to [1] for more information on how to use ports.

Regards
Rambius

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/ports-using.html

--