Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:10:28 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        "H.L." <lukh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partition and installation problem

(please, use one line for each question : it's easier to append answers)

"H.L." wrote:

> I have only one hard drive with win98 installed in my computer.  I want
> to buy a 2nd hard drive for FreeBSD and Linux.

Good

> I want to keep all the stuff in my 1st hard drive.

Good

> How can I do the partition?
> Using FDISK to format the 2nd hard drive???

You can use FDISK from DOS to create two partitions in your second disk
: one will be used by FreeBSD and you will be able to repartition the
second one for Linux

> Since win98 is FAT32, Does FreeBSD recognize FAT32 partition???

Yes, FreeBSD does recognize FAT32 and long names.

You will find more explanations on http://www.freebsd.org

	TfH

PS : do not forget to install a boot manager on your first disk (you can
install FreeBSD's boot manager BootEasy to choose which OS you want to
start DOS, BSD or Linux)

Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>
Phone : (+33) 1 46 52 47 23
Home Page : http://perso.cybercable.fr/herbelot