Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 02:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Dennis <jim@starshine.org>
To:        lostone@edenbbs.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: login

> Read the FAQ,visited the web page still can't login. What have I
> forgoten? Sorry for the dumb question but I remain lost.
>
>  ______________________________________________________________________________
>        Sent from Eden BBS  -  714-548-1900 -  Telnet: edenbbs.com

	Ummm....your password?

	...to provide details for your question to us...?

	Login to what (a FreeBSD box that you built, the Walnut Creek
	FTP site, some BBS)?  Through what means (local console,
	telnet, ftp, rlogin, dial-up modem, PPP/SLIP)?  What is the
	failure mode (error message, hang, fire shooting out of the
	monitor)?

	While we all appreciate brevity (something we rarely get from
	me) -- we also appreciate having enough information on which
	to base a response.  (I could undoubtedly write several hundred
	pages all the failure modes for all the types of login that might
	result from all the things that might be *forgotten*).

Jim Dennis,
Starshine Technical Services