Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 20:02:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ./MAKEDEV sd0 hosed my filesystem

Hi.  I really have two questions.  First, I ignorantly ran MAKEDEV on my
one and only scsi hard disk, sd0.  Now booting mounts only the root
partition. Is there an easy way to recover from this?

Second, what happened to the archive that holds all the stupid questions
others have asked in the past?  I looked at
http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr/support.html but it is no longer there.

Thank you in advance!

  Ken Marsh                    University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering