Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:24:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Davis <dd002f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD PR

On 15-Apr-99 Davis wrote:
> Just my opinion. Feel free to call me a fool. I am young, so I am allowed
> to have silly ideas. (=

The reason I use BSD is that the CS department here uses, at least for the
moment.  In fact, myself and the other admins in the department are in a
religous war because some of the faculty want to switch to Linux because it is
more popular and because according to them, technical issues such as cost of
support and reliability are irrelevant, despite the fact that FreeBSD servers
run much the undergrad lab (which I help administrate) and the grad lab.  Oh,
well.

I'm even convincing some non-CS majors in my dorm to try BSD instead of
Windows.  They are already impressed with the increased speed of even Netscape.

> -Davis

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc