Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:16:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRAFT: ports.7

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> I am fairly sure that it will just recursivley install the dependancies, but I
> haven't tried it recently.

It works because you have the whole ports tree expanded into
PORTSDIR on your computer.  It's the people who download a single
port that have to check the dependencies themselves, otherwise
the build will continue along merrily until it fails due to a
missing dependency.

> > [...]
> > > Well, *I* do :)
> > Well, I guess that answers my question.  :)
> Heh :)
> I suppose I could just change fetch so it uses http_proxy and ftp_proxy as
> well :)

You mean

HTTP_PROXY=my.very.own.proxy fetch http://my.distant.site/your/file

and the related FTP_PROXY?  Changing the environment isn't
considered the same as changing fetch(1)!  ;-)

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk