Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:42:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Joseff <mjoseff@retribution.net>
To:        Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: frontpage extensions on 3.2 (aaargh!)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Jim Cassata wrote:
}What is the accepted way to get Frontpage 4.0 extensions working on a
}3.2 server?  I know in the past (Frontpage 3.0 extensions) we
}installed the BSDI version on 2.2.x servers, but it seems  not to be
}working now with FPext4.0 on 3.2.  Has anyone gotten any FP extensions
}to install??

I *finally* got mine working.  I had to copy author.exe and shtml.exe from
the fp4.0 directory to the root directory of each web.  Also, when you use
fpadmin.exe in the fp4.0 "bin" directory, it will modify your apache.conf
file with a bunch of "ScriptAlias"es.  You have to copy these to each
Virtual Host and "apachectl graceful".

ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/ /usr/local/www/data/_vti_bin/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/ /usr/local/www/data/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/ /usr/local/www/data//_vti_bin/_vti_aut/

etc. .. .

--
Matthew Joseff, Sr. Web Developer
RCN Corp. 703-321-2410