Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:18:49 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sager NP6120-C, SiS 7012 issues

Greetings,
I'm having difficulty getting sound going on my new
Sager NP6120-C laptop.  The chip is an "SiS 7012", and loading
the 4.6-STABLE driver results in:

Jun 29 21:22:36 popper /kernel: pcm0: <SiS 7012> at device 2.7 on pci0
Jun 29 21:22:36 popper /kernel: pcm0: unable to map IO port space
Jun 29 21:22:36 popper /kernel: device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

Similarly, the OSS driver when loaded complains:

OSS i810: IRQ not set (255). Can't continue

The nice OSS support person sez that PnP needs to be turned off,
but there seems to be no way to do this in this laptop's bios.
He also said ACPI might be the culprit.  Either driver seems to
hose rl0, also.

Is there an approach to take, or is this destined to be a (mercifully)
quiet machine?  Something I set on boot, in userconfig, maybe?

FWIW, I'm otherwise exceptionally pleased with the machine.  The
SiS 650 works for X with Winischhofer's latest drivers, and the
Realtek RTL 8139CL enet works great.  Ditto USB mice.  I tried
hard to get enet working with debian potato and woody and failed,
and so I was "forced" to use FreeBSD ;-)

Best,
Russell